Gain new insights + research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy & friendship in your relationship, and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way.
About this Workshop
This workshop is for committed couples who want to improve their relationship by learning the fundamental ingredients of a healthy relationship. It is based on 40+ years of groundbreaking research by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, two of the world's most acclaimed relationship experts.
From their decades of research, they have uncovered the seven principles that make relationships work.
You and your partner will learn & practice proven tools to:
- Make conflict work for your relationship
- Deepen intimacy and build trust
- Identify your solvable vs. perpetual issues
- Strengthen your foundation of friendship
- Communicate clearly and effectively (and get more of what you want and need as a result!)
This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want.
Is this workshop for us? *
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
- Those in a committed relationship
- Married couples
- Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
- Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
- Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those considering couples therapy but who are not "ready" for weekly therapy yet
- People of all backgrounds, ages, Faiths and sexual orientations
*If your relationship is in severe distress or if one or both of you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class would not be appropriate for you, and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy.
What is included:
- 9 hour workshop (a weekday evening and Sunday daytime)
- The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work Book
- The Seven Principles Companion Workbook allows you to privately record answers and journal thoughtfully about the concepts in the book, as they apply to your relationship. It takes you step-by-step through the interactive exercises in each chapter of The Seven Principles Book.
- Refreshment and light snacks. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. Lunch will be on your own, with many restaurants nearby.
- One 1-hour refreshment workshop 3 months later via an online live webinar
- One 1-hour private session with Erin - this can be used before or after the workshop to review specific concepts from the workshop or ask questions related to sex & intimacy
$575 per couple. Max 6 couples per class; 3 early bird spots available (save $100).
To be announced
To be announced
Registration is currently closed.
Your registration fee is non-refundable, but transferable. Once registered, if unforeseen circumstances prevent you from attending the 7 Principles Program Class with Erin, you will have the opportunity to register for a different workshop within 12 months of the registration date instead. However, if you cancel within 72 hours or fail to show up for the workshop, there will be a $75 transfer fee applied. All classes are enrolled on a first come, first serve basis.